The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug -- Mark/Space, Inc. has released an important update to The Missing Sync for Palm OS, the company's utility for synchronizing Palm OS handhelds with the Mac (see "Missing Sync 4.0 Fills Palm Gaps" in TidBITS-743). Version 4.0.1 solves a problem where Sony CLIE owners would experience a Mac OS X kernel panic when trying to mount Memory Stick media on the Desktop. It also adds support for FMSync and Vindigo conduits, adds keychain support, and more. The update is free for registered users of version 4.0, and is an 11.6 MB download. [JLC]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- Missing Sync 4.0 Fills Palm Gaps (23 Aug 04)
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04