Netter's Dinner -- Those of you who plan to attend the upcoming Macworld Expo in San Francisco may wish to register online for the 11th Annual Netter's Dinner, a traditional geek-fest involving a stroll through the streets of San Francisco and a buffet-style Hunan Chinese feast. This year's dinner will be on Wednesday, January 7th. Registration involves making a $16 payment through Kagi. [TJE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Netting an Error (06 Jan 97)