iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled -- We're sorry to announce that Techie Tours has been forced to cancel our iPhoto workshop in Malta, scheduled for the second week in November. Although there was plenty of interest in the event, too few people actually signed up, making it financially infeasible for Techie Tours. The specific timing of the event (right after the U.S. presidential election) may have been the factor that kept people from signing up. I hope global political and economic conditions improve to the point where Techie Tours will be able to hold the event in the future; the concept of mixing Macintosh training with an exotic vacation is still a good one. [ACE]
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
- Join Us in the Mediterranean in November (14 Jun 04)
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04