iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled -- We're sorry to announce that Techie Tours has been forced to cancel our iPhoto workshop in Malta, scheduled for the second week in November. Although there was plenty of interest in the event, too few people actually signed up, making it financially infeasible for Techie Tours. The specific timing of the event (right after the U.S. presidential election) may have been the factor that kept people from signing up. I hope global political and economic conditions improve to the point where Techie Tours will be able to hold the event in the future; the concept of mixing Macintosh training with an exotic vacation is still a good one. [ACE]
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
- Join Us in the Mediterranean in November (14 Jun 04)
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04