Learn Some Serious AppleScript in Newport, RI -- Having written a book about AppleScript (AppleScript: The Definitive Guide from O'Reilly), I like being asked to do cool AppleScript-related things; and having been a college professor for many years, there's nothing I enjoy so much as live teaching in front of a classroom. So I'm really looking forward to November 11th and 12th, when I'll be teaching a minor session on scripting Microsoft Word 2004 and a major session on AppleScript Studio, in Newport, Rhode Island, as part of the AppleScript Pro Sessions. (I participated once already, back in May, in Monterey, CA, and had a great time.) There will be lots of other great teaching and learning going on in other sessions too; check out the AppleScript Pro Sessions site for more info. [MAN]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.