Rogue Amoeba Sponsoring TidBITS -- We're pleased to welcome our latest long-term sponsor, the audio utility company Rogue Amoeba Software. They're probably best known for Audio Hijack, which helps you record any audio from any application, and Audio Hijack Pro, which adds support for more audio formats, can enhance the incoming sound in a variety of ways, and much more. These applications are fabulous for recording music from your old LPs or for timeshifting live Internet radio shows; the first thing I did to test Audio Hijack Pro was to start recording the new radio episodes of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy from BBC Radio so I could listen to them on my iPod during a long car trip. Rogue Amoeba has also used their expertise in Macintosh audio to create Nicecast (which enables you to create your own Internet radio station) and Detour (which redirects audio from different programs to different output devices). They've also created a couple of free applications that help you quickly switch between different audio input and output sources and play sound from any input device. It's great to see a small company carving out a niche for itself like this, particularly when they're a fun little company with a great name and hilarious iconic mascot. If you're at all interested in audio, whether it's for making your own beep sounds, timeshifting Internet radio shows from any application, converting your vinyl to MP3, or just making your Mac's audio inputs and outputs do your bidding, you'd be well served by checking out Rogue Amoeba's software. We're glad to count them among our sponsors. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Hazel 3.3.7
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
Published in TidBITS 751.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Reports $106 Million Fourth Quarter Profit
- Apple Sells Its One Hundred and Fifty Millionth Song
- Apple Opens Mini Retail Stores
- Take Control of Upgrading to Panther Now in Dutch
- TidBITS Night on The Mac Night Owl Live
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 Squishes Bugs
- Virtual PC 7 Finally Arrives in Microsoft Office
- Sense & Sensors in Digital Photography
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Oct-04