Take Control of Upgrading to Panther Now in Dutch -- Our untiring Dutch translation team has gone beyond translating TidBITS each week to bring Dutch-speaking Macintosh users a translation of Joe Kissell's "Take Control of Upgrading to Panther." As with our other translations, it's $7.50, with a third of the price going to the translators. Continuing our policy of supporting our early adopters, Dutch speakers who already purchased the English version of "Take Control of Upgrading to Panther" are entitled to a free copy of the Dutch translation. If your English copy of the ebook has a Check for Updates button on the first page, click it to access the download page for the translation. If your copy of the ebook is too old to have a Check for Updates button, you may be able to download a new copy from eSellerate if you still have your receipt, or you may still have the free coupon code we sent to purchasers before we implemented the Check for Updates mechanism. We'll be sending a direct download link to readers in the Netherlands and Belgium as well, but if all else fails, please use the form on our FAQ page to ask Tonya for help. [ACE]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
Published in TidBITS 751.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Rogue Amoeba Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Reports $106 Million Fourth Quarter Profit
- Apple Sells Its One Hundred and Fifty Millionth Song
- Apple Opens Mini Retail Stores
- TidBITS Night on The Mac Night Owl Live
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 Squishes Bugs
- Virtual PC 7 Finally Arrives in Microsoft Office
- Sense & Sensors in Digital Photography
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Oct-04