TidBITS Night on The Mac Night Owl Live -- It was a TidBITS double-header on The Mac Night Owl Live radio show with Gene Steinberg on 15-Oct-04, as both Contributing Editor Matt Neuburg and I talked with Gene. Matt's topic was his two new Take Control ebooks on what's new in Word 2004, whereas Gene and I spent quite a while talking about Apple's $106 million fourth quarter profit and what all those numbers really mean. (Kudos to Geoff Duncan, Mark Anbinder, and Glenn Fleishman for their coverage of Apple's quarterly report on our ExtraBITS page, allowing me to sound way more prepared than I might have been otherwise!) You can listen to The Mac Night Owl Live on the Internet from the show archive; it's worth the visit.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 751.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Rogue Amoeba Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Reports $106 Million Fourth Quarter Profit
- Apple Sells Its One Hundred and Fifty Millionth Song
- Apple Opens Mini Retail Stores
- Take Control of Upgrading to Panther Now in Dutch
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 Squishes Bugs
- Virtual PC 7 Finally Arrives in Microsoft Office
- Sense & Sensors in Digital Photography
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Oct-04
TidBITS Night on The Mac Night Owl Live
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>