EyeHome 1.5.1 Improves Interface, Media Support -- Elgato Systems' EyeHome media server has received a major update in the recently released 1.5.1 version (see "EyeHome: So Close, Yet So Far" in TidBITS-741). This update includes both the server software on the Mac as well as the device's firmware. Changes include a new user interface, better support for DivX and 3ivx video, new support for the Ogg Vorbis audio format, a pop-up window that displays information about a video file's format, and the capability to display iPhoto pictures on the television while music plays from iTunes's Library. I'm pleased to report that the new interface is much more agreeable, and corrects most of the navigation issues I highlighted in my review. The update is free for all EyeHome customers, available via download. [Andrew Laurence]
Export Word 2008's Audio Notes to Your iPod
You can use Word 2008's Notebook Layout View to take notes and record audio for lectures. Choose View > Notebook Layout View. Click the Audio icon in the Notebook Layout toolbar and then adjust the input volume and click the round recording button. Any notes you type while recording audio are coordinated with the audio. Sync your notes to your iPod for on-the-go studying. Choose Tools > Audio Notes > Export Audio. Save the file to your iTunes music folder.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
- EyeHome: So Close, Yet So Far (09 Aug 04)
Published in TidBITS 757.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2004-12-02 Released
- Squeezebox Adds New Display, Features, Colors
- USPS Click-N-Ship Now Mac-Compatible
- Digital Photography: Correction & Follow-up
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- iTunes Music Store Opens in Canada
- Apple Starts .Mac Affiliate Program
- Panorama V for Victory
- Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, and Spam
- Choosing Backup Software
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Dec-04