EyeHome 1.5.1 Improves Interface, Media Support -- Elgato Systems' EyeHome media server has received a major update in the recently released 1.5.1 version (see "EyeHome: So Close, Yet So Far" in TidBITS-741). This update includes both the server software on the Mac as well as the device's firmware. Changes include a new user interface, better support for DivX and 3ivx video, new support for the Ogg Vorbis audio format, a pop-up window that displays information about a video file's format, and the capability to display iPhoto pictures on the television while music plays from iTunes's Library. I'm pleased to report that the new interface is much more agreeable, and corrects most of the navigation issues I highlighted in my review. The update is free for all EyeHome customers, available via download. [Andrew Laurence]
Type Faster on an iPhone or iPod touch
When typing on an iPhone or iPod touch, to end a sentence quickly and get ready to start the next one, double tap the Space bar. You'll insert a period followed by a space. You can turn this shortcut on or off via the Shortcut slider in Settings > General > Keyboard.
- EyeHome: So Close, Yet So Far (09 Aug 04)
Published in TidBITS 757.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2004-12-02 Released
- Squeezebox Adds New Display, Features, Colors
- USPS Click-N-Ship Now Mac-Compatible
- Digital Photography: Correction & Follow-up
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- iTunes Music Store Opens in Canada
- Apple Starts .Mac Affiliate Program
- Panorama V for Victory
- Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, and Spam
- Choosing Backup Software
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Dec-04