Digital Photography: Correction & Follow-up -- I would like to point out a mistake in my article "Sense & Sensors in Digital Photography" in TidBITS-751. I stated that smaller sensors are more sensitive to camera movement than larger sensors, but when the field of view is comparable, they are not. This vitiates one paragraph but has no effect on any conclusions or advice. Also, an editing gaffe at the end of the same article sowed some confusion over the role of green in Bayer sensors. The second link below points to a clarification of this and also to an extensive set of FAQs that have come out of the series. [Charles Maurer]
Easily Change Firewall Settings in VirusBarrier X6
If you need different levels of protection on your laptop based on location, you can set up VirusBarrier X6's two-way firewall with multiple configurations. Whenever you change locations, switch easily to the firewall settings you want to use from the Intego menu, located in the menu bar. Make as many configurations as you want: for home, office, when you're on public Wi-Fi, and so on.
- Horsepower & Image Sensors (15 Dec 07)
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures (19 Dec 05)
- Reality and Digital Pictures (12 Dec 05)
- Picking a Point-and-Shoot Camera: Panasonic DMC-FX7 (13 Jun 05)
- How to Buy a Digital Camera (15 Nov 04)
- Sense & Sensors in Digital Photography (18 Oct 04)
- Colour & Computers (04 Oct 04)
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist (27 Sep 04)
Published in TidBITS 757.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2004-12-02 Released
- Squeezebox Adds New Display, Features, Colors
- EyeHome 1.5.1 Improves Interface, Media Support
- USPS Click-N-Ship Now Mac-Compatible
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- iTunes Music Store Opens in Canada
- Apple Starts .Mac Affiliate Program
- Panorama V for Victory
- Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, and Spam
- Choosing Backup Software
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Dec-04