Helping Asian Tsunami Victims -- The mind boggles at the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent earthquakes and resulting tsunamis. Our thoughts go out to the millions of people affected, and particularly to our readers in those countries. More to the point, we encourage you to donate to one of the many aid organizations working to help restore the foundations of daily life - food, clean drinking water, clothing, sanitation facilities - without which many more people will die. See Google's Tsunami Relief page and CNN's Aid Groups page for more information and donation links. Our hope is that the individuals, institutions, and governments of the world can draw together in helping the victims of this event, which, though terrible, was at least free from malice or ideology. [ACE]
How to Change a Bunch of Fetch Shortcut Passwords Quickly
Do you have a dozen - or more - Fetch shortcuts that all use the same password? Did that password just change? If you can manage a simple AppleScript, you can use this one to change all the passwords at once.
set password of shortcut "my shortcut" to "my new password"
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 761.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Circus Ponies Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Nisus Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Adam Takes the Fifth!
- OmniWeb 5.1 Ships
- Partying at Macworld Expo SF 2005
- Nisus Writer Express 2.1.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale Winners
- TidBITS Mailing List Move Complete
- Upgraded Xserve, New Xsan in Pre-Expo Announcement
- Boingo for Macintosh Launches
- Graphing Calculator Comes to Mac OS X
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood
- Take Control News/10-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Jan-05