Circus Ponies Software Sponsoring TidBITS -- 2005 is starting on an upbeat note for TidBITS, with Circus Ponies joining us as a sponsor. I've been relying heavily on their NoteBook program since the middle of 2003, when I realized that I needed to take manual control of my to-do list (see "The Well-Worn NoteBook" in TidBITS-745). Since then NoteBook has become a fixture on my Mac as a repository for random bits of information, lists of things to remember, and instructions for complex tasks that I perform too infrequently to remember. But part of the other reason I use NoteBook is that Jayson Adams and Elizabeth Statmore of Circus Ponies have been extremely responsive to bug reports and suggestions; to my mind, that's a key aspect of any program. Although Circus Ponies has only been developing NoteBook for Mac OS X since 2003, the program has deep roots leading all the way back to NeXTstep, and it's great to see such programs surviving to the present day. If you're looking for an information repository, be sure to give NoteBook's 30-day demo a try; the full version is $50. [ACE]
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
Published in TidBITS 761.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Helping Asian Tsunami Victims
- Nisus Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Adam Takes the Fifth!
- OmniWeb 5.1 Ships
- Partying at Macworld Expo SF 2005
- Nisus Writer Express 2.1.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale Winners
- TidBITS Mailing List Move Complete
- Upgraded Xserve, New Xsan in Pre-Expo Announcement
- Boingo for Macintosh Launches
- Graphing Calculator Comes to Mac OS X
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood
- Take Control News/10-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Jan-05