OmniWeb 5.1 Ships -- The Omni Group has released OmniWeb 5.1, an update to its full-featured Web browser (see "OmniWeb 5.0: The Powerful Web Browser" in TidBITS-742). This version incorporates numerous fixes, but most notably integrates Apple's latest WebCore rendering engine for improved performance and rendering compatibility (OmniWeb is built on top of Apple's WebCore framework, which are also used by Safari). OmniWeb 5.1 is a free update to current registered users; a new license costs $30, and upgrades from versions earlier than 5.0 cost $10. A fully functional 30-day demo is available as a 5.9 MB download. [JLC]
Trust Local Addresses in VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal
VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal feature stops all kinds of network attacks, including port scans, ping floods and more. However, you may have some devices on your network that send out pings or other requests that may be interpreted as attacks. To prevent this, add them to the Trusted Addresses list so they won't be blocked. You can even add a range of addresses with wildcards, such as 192.168.1.*.
- OmniWeb 5.0: The Powerful Web Browser (16 Aug 04)
Published in TidBITS 761.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Helping Asian Tsunami Victims
- Circus Ponies Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Nisus Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Adam Takes the Fifth!
- Partying at Macworld Expo SF 2005
- Nisus Writer Express 2.1.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale Winners
- TidBITS Mailing List Move Complete
- Upgraded Xserve, New Xsan in Pre-Expo Announcement
- Boingo for Macintosh Launches
- Graphing Calculator Comes to Mac OS X
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood
- Take Control News/10-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Jan-05