Nisus Writer Express 2.1.1 Released -- Nisus Software recently released version 2.1.1 of Nisus Writer Express, their increasingly powerful word processor for Mac OS X. Whereas version 2.1 focused on improving the speed of scrolling, searching, typing, and opening documents, 2.1.1 is aimed at squashing bugs. A number of crashing bugs were fixed, Paste As Text Only has been improved, the spelling checker is more accurate around superscript text, and styles imported from Word documents no longer appear with gibberish names. Overall, version 2.1.1 of the program feels significantly tighter and more solid than previous versions, and I'm using it more and more for drafting longer TidBITS articles. Nisus Writer Express 2.1.1 is a free update for all owners of Nisus Writer Express; new copies cost $60, and upgrades from Nisus Writer Classic 6.0.x are priced at $45 (add $5 to all these prices for a CD). The update is a 21.3 MB download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Verify Turned-Off Apple Wireless Keyboard
Can't tell if you've turned off your Apple Wireless Keyboard to prevent it from waking up an iOS device or running down its batteries? Tap the Caps Lock key, and if it illuminates, the keyboard is on; otherwise not.
Published in TidBITS 761.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Helping Asian Tsunami Victims
- Circus Ponies Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Nisus Software Sponsoring TidBITS
- Adam Takes the Fifth!
- OmniWeb 5.1 Ships
- Partying at Macworld Expo SF 2005
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale Winners
- TidBITS Mailing List Move Complete
- Upgraded Xserve, New Xsan in Pre-Expo Announcement
- Boingo for Macintosh Launches
- Graphing Calculator Comes to Mac OS X
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood
- Take Control News/10-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Jan-05