Happy 21, Macintosh! 24-Jan-05 marked the 21st birthday of our favorite smiling friend, Macintosh. If you have a BitTorrent client (I'm currently using Azureus), go to the last URL below and download the video (21 MB QuickTime) of the Mac's introduction. Steve Jobs's bow tie alone is worth the download. [JLC]
Keyboard-based Dock Navigation
If you're a fan of keyboard shortcuts and navigation, you may want try accessing the Dock from your keyboard. Press Control-F3 to enter the Dock's keyboard access mode. Then you can press a letter corresponding with an item's name to select it; press Return to open it, Command-Q to quit the selected application, or Escape to exit keyboard access mode. You can also use the arrow keys, Tab key, and other keyboard navigation keys to toggle between the Dock items.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 764.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Apple Security Update of 2005 Patches Mac OS X
- iMovie HD 5.0.1 Addresses Audio Sync Issues
- Stumbling across Bluetooth (and Wi-Fi)
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto
- PowerBooks Gain Faster CPUs, Scrolling Trackpad
- Mac mini Upgrade Prices Shrink to Size of Box
- Worthy Web Sites: YouSendIt
- Take Control News/24-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jan-05