Happy 21, Macintosh! 24-Jan-05 marked the 21st birthday of our favorite smiling friend, Macintosh. If you have a BitTorrent client (I'm currently using Azureus), go to the last URL below and download the video (21 MB QuickTime) of the Mac's introduction. Steve Jobs's bow tie alone is worth the download. [JLC]
Trust Local Addresses in VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal
VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal feature stops all kinds of network attacks, including port scans, ping floods and more. However, you may have some devices on your network that send out pings or other requests that may be interpreted as attacks. To prevent this, add them to the Trusted Addresses list so they won't be blocked. You can even add a range of addresses with wildcards, such as 192.168.1.*.
Published in TidBITS 764.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Apple Security Update of 2005 Patches Mac OS X
- iMovie HD 5.0.1 Addresses Audio Sync Issues
- Stumbling across Bluetooth (and Wi-Fi)
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto
- PowerBooks Gain Faster CPUs, Scrolling Trackpad
- Mac mini Upgrade Prices Shrink to Size of Box
- Worthy Web Sites: YouSendIt
- Take Control News/24-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jan-05