Happy 21, Macintosh! 24-Jan-05 marked the 21st birthday of our favorite smiling friend, Macintosh. If you have a BitTorrent client (I'm currently using Azureus), go to the last URL below and download the video (21 MB QuickTime) of the Mac's introduction. Steve Jobs's bow tie alone is worth the download. [JLC]
Shorten URLs in TextExpander
If your Twitter client doesn't automatically shorten URLs for you, you can use TextExpander to shrink those long links to tweetable lengths. First, add the Internet Productivity group by choosing File > Add Predefined Group > Internet Productivity Snippets. Then, to shorten a URL using a service like TinyURL, copy the destination URL to the clipboard, and type the abbreviation
/tinyurl to insert the shortened URL at the insertion point.
Published in TidBITS 764.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Apple Security Update of 2005 Patches Mac OS X
- iMovie HD 5.0.1 Addresses Audio Sync Issues
- Stumbling across Bluetooth (and Wi-Fi)
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto
- PowerBooks Gain Faster CPUs, Scrolling Trackpad
- Mac mini Upgrade Prices Shrink to Size of Box
- Worthy Web Sites: YouSendIt
- Take Control News/24-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jan-05