Happy 21, Macintosh! 24-Jan-05 marked the 21st birthday of our favorite smiling friend, Macintosh. If you have a BitTorrent client (I'm currently using Azureus), go to the last URL below and download the video (21 MB QuickTime) of the Mac's introduction. Steve Jobs's bow tie alone is worth the download. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 764.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Apple Security Update of 2005 Patches Mac OS X
- iMovie HD 5.0.1 Addresses Audio Sync Issues
- Stumbling across Bluetooth (and Wi-Fi)
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto
- PowerBooks Gain Faster CPUs, Scrolling Trackpad
- Mac mini Upgrade Prices Shrink to Size of Box
- Worthy Web Sites: YouSendIt
- Take Control News/24-Jan-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jan-05