DealBITS Drawing: photoprinto Winners -- Congratulations to Delia Lamb of gcsf.com, Dale of comcast.net, and Norbert C. Ballauer of cox.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto, worth $29.95. Even if you didn't win, you can save $5 off the purchase price of photoprinto using the third link below; this offer is open to all TidBITS readers. Thanks to the 856 people who entered, extra thanks to the 89 people who entered after being referred to DealBITS, and for those of you who subscribed after entering DealBITS, welcome to TidBITS! Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings, and remember that telling your friends, family, and colleagues about new drawings is a great way to increase your chances of receiving a prize; over 10 percent of our entries this time came from people who learned about DealBITS from a friend. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's photoprinto (31 Jan 05)