Security Update 2005-002 Fixes Java -- Apple has released Security Update 2005-002 to eliminate a vulnerability through which an untrusted Java applet could gain increased privileges and potentially execute arbitrary code. The fix applies only to Java 1.4.2 (and thus Mac OS X 10.3.4 or later); previous Java releases are not affected. The update is available via Software Update and as a separate 16.4 MB download. [ACE]
iPhone Calendar Starting on Sunday
Annoyed that the iPhone's Calendar app shows the weeks starting with Monday, although iCal (and most paper calendars) start on Sunday? Here's the answer: go to Settings > General > International and change the Region Format from English to United States.
Visit The iBlog.com
Published in TidBITS 768.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Firefox 1.0.1 Security Update Released
- German TidBITS Translators Wanted
- In Memoriam: Jef Raskin, 1943-2005
- Apple Freshens iPod mini, iPod photo Lines
- Site Crossing Offers Inexpensive Web Crossing Hosting
- Cleaning House in iTunes
- iPods Defeating Insomnia
- Take Control News/28-Feb-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Feb-05