Security Update 2005-002 Fixes Java -- Apple has released Security Update 2005-002 to eliminate a vulnerability through which an untrusted Java applet could gain increased privileges and potentially execute arbitrary code. The fix applies only to Java 1.4.2 (and thus Mac OS X 10.3.4 or later); previous Java releases are not affected. The update is available via Software Update and as a separate 16.4 MB download. [ACE]
Create Multiple Inspectors in iWork
Tired of flipping between panes in the Inspector in Keynote, Pages, and Numbers? You can open multiple copies of the Inspector window with View > New Inspector, but even better, you can Option-click one of the icons at the top of the Inspector window to open that pane in a new Inspector.
Published in TidBITS 768.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Firefox 1.0.1 Security Update Released
- German TidBITS Translators Wanted
- In Memoriam: Jef Raskin, 1943-2005
- Apple Freshens iPod mini, iPod photo Lines
- Site Crossing Offers Inexpensive Web Crossing Hosting
- Cleaning House in iTunes
- iPods Defeating Insomnia
- Take Control News/28-Feb-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Feb-05
Security Update 2005-002 Fixes Java
German-engineered, gold-plated, mechanical key switches produce
a tactile click that helps you type faster with greater accuracy.
Start saving time today. Money-back guarantee. <http://goo.gl/2FaL5>