German TidBITS Translators Wanted -- The German translation of TidBITS is looking to add a few more people to the volunteer translation team to help spread the load a bit more thinly. If you'd like to contribute a bit of time each week either to translating from English to German, please contact Heinz Gnehm <email@example.com> or Jens Peter Franke <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thanks for helping out! [ACE]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 768.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-002 Fixes Java
- Firefox 1.0.1 Security Update Released
- In Memoriam: Jef Raskin, 1943-2005
- Apple Freshens iPod mini, iPod photo Lines
- Site Crossing Offers Inexpensive Web Crossing Hosting
- Cleaning House in iTunes
- iPods Defeating Insomnia
- Take Control News/28-Feb-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Feb-05