German TidBITS Translators Wanted -- The German translation of TidBITS is looking to add a few more people to the volunteer translation team to help spread the load a bit more thinly. If you'd like to contribute a bit of time each week either to translating from English to German, please contact Heinz Gnehm <email@example.com> or Jens Peter Franke <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thanks for helping out! [ACE]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
Published in TidBITS 768.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-002 Fixes Java
- Firefox 1.0.1 Security Update Released
- In Memoriam: Jef Raskin, 1943-2005
- Apple Freshens iPod mini, iPod photo Lines
- Site Crossing Offers Inexpensive Web Crossing Hosting
- Cleaning House in iTunes
- iPods Defeating Insomnia
- Take Control News/28-Feb-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Feb-05