Security Update 2005-003 Released -- Apple today released Security Update 2005-003, a collection of fixes for Mac OS X 10.3.8 and Mac OS X 10.3.8 Server. Included in this package are updates to AFP Server, Bluetooth Setup Assistant, Core Foundation, Cyrus IMAP, Cyrus SASL, and Mailman. It also addresses a few permissions issues that could enable malicious access to files and folders. And, Safari is updated to handle the problem with Unicode characters used in domain names (see "Don't Trust Your Eyes or URLs" in TidBITS-766). Security Update 2005-003 is available via Software Update as a 15.4 MB download, or from Apple's software downloads page. [JLC]
Set Per-Folder Views in the Finder
Tired of navigating to a particular folder and having to switch to List View every time? With Finder in Leopard, you can set viewing preference for each individual folder. Just navigate to it, and set the view the way you want (Column, List, Icon, or Cover Flow). Then choose View > Show View Options (Command-J) and in the window that appears, select the Always Open In... checkbox.
- Don't Trust Your Eyes or URLs (14 Feb 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05