Security Update 2005-003 Released -- Apple today released Security Update 2005-003, a collection of fixes for Mac OS X 10.3.8 and Mac OS X 10.3.8 Server. Included in this package are updates to AFP Server, Bluetooth Setup Assistant, Core Foundation, Cyrus IMAP, Cyrus SASL, and Mailman. It also addresses a few permissions issues that could enable malicious access to files and folders. And, Safari is updated to handle the problem with Unicode characters used in domain names (see "Don't Trust Your Eyes or URLs" in TidBITS-766). Security Update 2005-003 is available via Software Update as a 15.4 MB download, or from Apple's software downloads page. [JLC]
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
- Don't Trust Your Eyes or URLs (14 Feb 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05