Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released -- Apple updated its iWork suite last week, bumping up Pages (the word processor for the rest of us) and Keynote (the presentation program for Steve Jobs's keynote addresses, and, you know, the rest of us who would prefer to not use PowerPoint). The sparse notes accompanying the updates point to issues "that may have affected reliability for some customers". The Pages update also fixes a problem when deleting entire pages. Both updates are available now via Software Update; Pages 1.0.1 is a 28.3 MB download; Keynote 2.0.1 is a 21.8 MB download. [JLC]
iCal Alerts You Can't Miss
Did you miss that tiny little iCal alert dialog? Use a more prominent Open File alarm.
First save an image, text file, sound, or movie that will really fill your screen and grab your attention.
Select an iCal event and choose Open File as the alert type. Choose your unmissable file as the one to open.
Set more alerts with more files to open for the same event if you like. You won't miss an appointment with one of these alerts!
- iWork and iLife Together at Last (17 Jan 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-003 Released
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05