Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released -- Apple updated its iWork suite last week, bumping up Pages (the word processor for the rest of us) and Keynote (the presentation program for Steve Jobs's keynote addresses, and, you know, the rest of us who would prefer to not use PowerPoint). The sparse notes accompanying the updates point to issues "that may have affected reliability for some customers". The Pages update also fixes a problem when deleting entire pages. Both updates are available now via Software Update; Pages 1.0.1 is a 28.3 MB download; Keynote 2.0.1 is a 21.8 MB download. [JLC]
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
- iWork and iLife Together at Last (17 Jan 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-003 Released
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05
Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>