Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released -- Apple updated its iWork suite last week, bumping up Pages (the word processor for the rest of us) and Keynote (the presentation program for Steve Jobs's keynote addresses, and, you know, the rest of us who would prefer to not use PowerPoint). The sparse notes accompanying the updates point to issues "that may have affected reliability for some customers". The Pages update also fixes a problem when deleting entire pages. Both updates are available now via Software Update; Pages 1.0.1 is a 28.3 MB download; Keynote 2.0.1 is a 21.8 MB download. [JLC]
Fun Way to Send Attachments in Mail
If you're working in a file that you want to attach to a message in Apple Mail, you can transfer the file to Mail easily: From the title bar of the file's window, drag the little proxy icon to Mail's icon on the Dock. Your Mac will make Mail the active application and open a new outgoing message, with the file attached.
(If your icon won't drag, the file probably isn't saved.)
- iWork and iLife Together at Last (17 Jan 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-003 Released
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05