Pages 1.0.1 and Keynote 2.0.1 Updates Released -- Apple updated its iWork suite last week, bumping up Pages (the word processor for the rest of us) and Keynote (the presentation program for Steve Jobs's keynote addresses, and, you know, the rest of us who would prefer to not use PowerPoint). The sparse notes accompanying the updates point to issues "that may have affected reliability for some customers". The Pages update also fixes a problem when deleting entire pages. Both updates are available now via Software Update; Pages 1.0.1 is a 28.3 MB download; Keynote 2.0.1 is a 21.8 MB download. [JLC]
Add Slides to Pear Note from Other Applications
If you have some slides in any application, and you'd like to add them to a Pear Note document, there's no need to save them out and then import them into Pear Note. Instead, you can send them directly to Pear Note through a PDF service. For instance, if you had slides in Keynote, just:
- Select Print within Keynote.
- Click the PDF button.
- Select Send PDF to Pear Note.
This can also be used to import other document types into Pear Note to take notes on them as well.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- iWork and iLife Together at Last (17 Jan 05)
Published in TidBITS 771.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-003 Released
- Tinderbox Keeps Getting Smarter
- PTHPasteboard Returns, Better Late than Never
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage
- What You Get Is What You CSS, With Style Master 4.0
- Getting Better AirPlay
- Road Warrior Scramble
- Take Control News/21-Mar-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Mar-05