DealBITS Drawing: GoodPage Winners -- Congratulations to Dana Ostrow of columbia.edu, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of TARI's GoodPage graphical HTML authoring tool, worth $149. Dana was referred to this week's DealBITS drawing by Seth Theriault of sdf.lonestar.org, and as such, Seth will also be receiving a copy of GoodPage. Even if you didn't win, you can save $75 off the list price of GoodPage through 04-Apr-05 using the coupon code DEALBITS when purchasing from within the 30-day trial version of the application; this offer is exclusive to TidBITS readers. Thanks to the 945 people who entered, extra thanks to the 87 people who entered after being referred to DealBITS, and for those of you who subscribed after entering DealBITS, welcome to TidBITS! Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings, and remember that telling your friends, family, and colleagues about new drawings is a great way to increase your chances of receiving a prize; nearly 10 percent of our entries this time came from people who learned about DealBITS from a friend, and I'd like to see that increase. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: TARI's GoodPage (21 Mar 05)