iPod Updater 2005-03-23 Released -- Apple last week released an update for iPod photo owners. The hefty 28.9 MB iPod Updater 2005-03-23 brings the iPod software to version 1.1 and adds support for Apple's forthcoming $30 iPod Camera Connector (announced in February, and now available for order from Apple's online store). It also improves slideshow transitions. The updater is available via Software Update or as a separate download. Although this update offers nothing new for owners of other iPod product lines, it does include the most recent software versions for each model (hence the huge download). [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Apple Freshens iPod mini, iPod photo Lines (28 Feb 05)