Sync Buddy 2.0.1 Syncs Palms and Mac OS X -- Back in the early days of the PalmPilot, Florent Pillet released Palm Buddy (later renamed Sync Buddy), a Mac OS program for backing up data from a Palm OS handheld by opening an active connection between the two machines. Now, Pillet has rewritten Sync Buddy for Mac OS X. Sync Buddy 2.0.1 can back up handhelds via USB, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connections. It also lets you install files and transfer photos, as well as copy files to removable media such as SD cards. The utility is compatible with Hot Sync Manager (which Palm Desktop uses to synchronize data) and Mark/Space's The Missing Sync software, automatically disabling them while Sync Buddy is running, and re-enabling them when it's done. Sync Buddy 2.0.1 costs $25, and is available as a 4.3 MB download. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- A New Buddy for Mac PalmPilot Owners (29 Jun 98)