Scripting by the Bay, Redux -- For those who need to acquire or hone AppleScript skills, Shane Stanley and Ray Robertson will once again be leading their wonderfully intensive AppleScript Pro sessions, 02-May-05 through 06-May-05, in beautiful Monterey, California. I'm slated once again to teach my famous "forced march through AppleScript Studio" class. One source of real excitement is the question of whether Tiger will have shipped in time; if it does, we'll be able to talk about the new features, such as BLEEEP and BOOOP (sorry, censored by the NDA police). [MAN]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.