Take Control 40% Off Sale for TidBITS 15th Anniversary -- This week marks our 15th anniversary of continuous weekly publication, and we're celebrating with a 40 percent off sale on our Take Control ebooks. To take advantage of the sale, use coupon code CPN50416TB15 when placing an order (note that you can't purchase any other bundles simultaneously, since eSellerate supports only one coupon per order). The offer is good on all of our current ebooks, but not on pre-orders of our upcoming Tiger titles. [ACE]
Disable Caps Lock
If you find yourself pressing the Caps Lock key accidentally as much as I do, note that you can disable it entirely in Mac OS X. Open the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane, click the Modifier Keys button, and in the dialog that appears, select No Action from the Caps Lock pop-up menu. You could remap it to another modifier instead, but that might make using differently configured Macs more difficult.
Published in TidBITS 776.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released
- iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iSight See Updates
- Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpenPro Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxSleeve and iProtect
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger To Be Released 29-Apr-05
- Apple Q2-05 Earnings Breeze Past Estimates
- Apple Announces Final Cut Studio
- TidBITS Anniversary: Looking Back over 15 Macintosh Years
- Take Control News/18-Apr-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Apr-05