Take Control 40% Off Sale for TidBITS 15th Anniversary -- This week marks our 15th anniversary of continuous weekly publication, and we're celebrating with a 40 percent off sale on our Take Control ebooks. To take advantage of the sale, use coupon code CPN50416TB15 when placing an order (note that you can't purchase any other bundles simultaneously, since eSellerate supports only one coupon per order). The offer is good on all of our current ebooks, but not on pre-orders of our upcoming Tiger titles. [ACE]
Smarter Parental Controls
If you've been using the parental controls options in Mac OS X to lock your child out of using a particular computer late at night, but would like to employ a more clever technique to limit Internet access, turn to MAC address filtering on an Apple base station.
To do this, launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, and click Manual Setup. In the Access Control view, choose Time Access to turn on MAC filtering. You'll need to enter the MAC address of the particular computer, which (in 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard) you can find in the Network System Preferences pane: click AirPort in the adapter list, and click Advanced. The AirPort ID is the MAC address.
Published in TidBITS 776.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released
- iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iSight See Updates
- Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpenPro Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxSleeve and iProtect
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger To Be Released 29-Apr-05
- Apple Q2-05 Earnings Breeze Past Estimates
- Apple Announces Final Cut Studio
- TidBITS Anniversary: Looking Back over 15 Macintosh Years
- Take Control News/18-Apr-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Apr-05