Take Control 40% Off Sale for TidBITS 15th Anniversary -- This week marks our 15th anniversary of continuous weekly publication, and we're celebrating with a 40 percent off sale on our Take Control ebooks. To take advantage of the sale, use coupon code CPN50416TB15 when placing an order (note that you can't purchase any other bundles simultaneously, since eSellerate supports only one coupon per order). The offer is good on all of our current ebooks, but not on pre-orders of our upcoming Tiger titles. [ACE]
Find Text Leading from Acrobat PDF
Ever have to recreate a document from an Acrobat PDF? You can find out most everything about the text by using the Object Inspector, except the leading. Well, here's a cheesy way to figure it out. Open the PDF in Illustrator (you just need one page). Release any and all clipping masks. Draw a guide at the baseline of the first line of text, and one on the line below. Now, Option-drag the first line to make a copy, and position it exactly next to the original first line at baseline. Then put a return anywhere in the copied line. Now adjust leading of the copied lines, so that the second line of copy rests on the baseline of the second line of the original. Now you know your leading.
Or you could buy expensive software to find the leading. Your choice.
Published in TidBITS 776.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released
- iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iSight See Updates
- Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpenPro Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxSleeve and iProtect
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger To Be Released 29-Apr-05
- Apple Q2-05 Earnings Breeze Past Estimates
- Apple Announces Final Cut Studio
- TidBITS Anniversary: Looking Back over 15 Macintosh Years
- Take Control News/18-Apr-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Apr-05