Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups -- Tonya and I have never traveled to the southwest United States, so we're particularly looking forward to a trip to visit not one, not two, but three New Mexico-based Macintosh user groups in early May. At 7:00 PM on 03-May-05, I'll be speaking in Albuquerque to the AppleQuerque Macintosh User Group. Then, on the afternoon of 04-May-05, I'll address the Los Alamos Macintosh User Group, and at 7:00 PM that evening, the Santa Fe Macintosh User Group. I'm planning to talk primarily about iPhoto and wireless security; Tonya will be on hand to chat about Take Control and electronic publishing in general. If you're in the area, come say hello! [ACE]
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
Published in TidBITS 776.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control 40% Off Sale for TidBITS 15th Anniversary
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released
- iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iSight See Updates
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpenPro Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxSleeve and iProtect
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger To Be Released 29-Apr-05
- Apple Q2-05 Earnings Breeze Past Estimates
- Apple Announces Final Cut Studio
- TidBITS Anniversary: Looking Back over 15 Macintosh Years
- Take Control News/18-Apr-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Apr-05
Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>