Adam & Tonya at New Mexico User Groups -- Tonya and I have never traveled to the southwest United States, so we're particularly looking forward to a trip to visit not one, not two, but three New Mexico-based Macintosh user groups in early May. At 7:00 PM on 03-May-05, I'll be speaking in Albuquerque to the AppleQuerque Macintosh User Group. Then, on the afternoon of 04-May-05, I'll address the Los Alamos Macintosh User Group, and at 7:00 PM that evening, the Santa Fe Macintosh User Group. I'm planning to talk primarily about iPhoto and wireless security; Tonya will be on hand to chat about Take Control and electronic publishing in general. If you're in the area, come say hello! [ACE]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 776.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control 40% Off Sale for TidBITS 15th Anniversary
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released
- iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iSight See Updates
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpenPro Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxSleeve and iProtect
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger To Be Released 29-Apr-05
- Apple Q2-05 Earnings Breeze Past Estimates
- Apple Announces Final Cut Studio
- TidBITS Anniversary: Looking Back over 15 Macintosh Years
- Take Control News/18-Apr-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Apr-05