Apple Releases Security and Java Updates -- Apple last week released Security Update 2005-004, a 1 MB download that replaces an iSync component that could be vulnerable to a buffer overflow. Also released was Java Update for Mac OS X 10.3.9, which solves a crashing problem with running Java applets that affected some users after they installed the Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update. The Java Update is a 1 MB download; both updates are also available via Software Update. [JLC]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update Released (18 Apr 05)
Published in TidBITS 777.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Apple Releases Security and Java Updates
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>