We'd like to congratulate ShrinkWrap programmer Chad Magendanz <email@example.com> and his wife Galen on the ahead-of-schedule release of their first non-software product - Quinn Pierce Magendanz. Rumor has it that Chad has already purchased a copy of My First C Compiler (see TidBITS-321), so the mononymous Quinn of Internet Config fame may soon have company in the Macintosh programming pantheon. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- My First C Compiler (01 Apr 96)