Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance -- Last week, Apple posted an update to one of its core video-editing components, Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1. If you use iMovie HD or Final Cut Express HD, work with HDV-formatted footage, and are using QuickTime 7, this update is highly recommended. Both applications are unable to edit HDV footage directly; when you import it from an HDV camcorder, iMovie or Final Cut Express convert the HDV video to the Apple Intermediate Codec. (The forthcoming Final Cut Pro 5 requires no conversion and can edit HDV natively.) This update improves performance during playback and when exporting footage, and is a 740K download from the Web or via Software Update. [JLC]
Stop Eye Strain in Excel 2008
You can make text bigger in Excel by zooming to a larger percentage with the Zoom control in the toolbar, or by selecting the cells containing too-small text, choosing Format > Cells (Command-1), and then setting options in the Font pane. You can also increase the default font size for new sheets by modifying the Size field (next to the Standard Font field) in the General pane of Excel's preferences.
Published in TidBITS 780.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Spreads Some Green for Eminem
- DealBITS Drawing: Stock WatchTower Winners
- DealBITS Drawing for PublicVPN.com
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger
- NetNewsWire Lite and Pro 2.0 Released
- Yahoo Swaggers Into The Music Subscription Fray
- Two Gigabytes or Bust
- Fontographer Spun to Fontlab
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation
- Take Control News/16-May-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-May-05