Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance -- Last week, Apple posted an update to one of its core video-editing components, Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1. If you use iMovie HD or Final Cut Express HD, work with HDV-formatted footage, and are using QuickTime 7, this update is highly recommended. Both applications are unable to edit HDV footage directly; when you import it from an HDV camcorder, iMovie or Final Cut Express convert the HDV video to the Apple Intermediate Codec. (The forthcoming Final Cut Pro 5 requires no conversion and can edit HDV natively.) This update improves performance during playback and when exporting footage, and is a 740K download from the Web or via Software Update. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 780.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Spreads Some Green for Eminem
- DealBITS Drawing: Stock WatchTower Winners
- DealBITS Drawing for PublicVPN.com
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger
- NetNewsWire Lite and Pro 2.0 Released
- Yahoo Swaggers Into The Music Subscription Fray
- Two Gigabytes or Bust
- Fontographer Spun to Fontlab
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation
- Take Control News/16-May-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-May-05