Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance -- Last week, Apple posted an update to one of its core video-editing components, Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1. If you use iMovie HD or Final Cut Express HD, work with HDV-formatted footage, and are using QuickTime 7, this update is highly recommended. Both applications are unable to edit HDV footage directly; when you import it from an HDV camcorder, iMovie or Final Cut Express convert the HDV video to the Apple Intermediate Codec. (The forthcoming Final Cut Pro 5 requires no conversion and can edit HDV natively.) This update improves performance during playback and when exporting footage, and is a 740K download from the Web or via Software Update. [JLC]
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 780.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Spreads Some Green for Eminem
- DealBITS Drawing: Stock WatchTower Winners
- DealBITS Drawing for PublicVPN.com
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger
- NetNewsWire Lite and Pro 2.0 Released
- Yahoo Swaggers Into The Music Subscription Fray
- Two Gigabytes or Bust
- Fontographer Spun to Fontlab
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation
- Take Control News/16-May-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-May-05
Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and