DealBITS Drawing: Stock WatchTower Winners -- Congratulations to Eric Wisti of wisti.com, Galen Mayfield of yahoo.com, J. Mojsiak of nih.gov, Larry Phelps of uwc.edu, and Rod O'Brien of sbcglobal.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each will receive a copy of Stock WatchTower from WillStein Software, worth $49.95. Even if you didn't win, you can still save 30 percent on Stock WatchTower through 23-May-05 by entering Tidbits20050409 in the coupon field when ordering Stock WatchTower from the order form within the application itself (choose Order from the Stock WatchTower application menu; the coupon field is several screens in). This offer is open to all TidBITS readers. Thanks to the 412 people who entered, 14 of whom entered after being referred to DealBITS. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings. [ACE]
Wake On Demand in Snow Leopard
Putting your Mac to sleep saves power, but it also disrupts using your Mac as a file server, among other purposes. Wake on Demand in Snow Leopard works in conjunction with an Apple base station to continue announcing Bonjour services that the sleeping computer offers.
While the requirements for this feature are complex, eligible users can toggle this feature in the Energy Saver preference pane. It's labeled Wake on Network Access for computers that can be roused either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet; Wake on Ethernet Network Access or Wake on AirPort Network Access for wired- or wireless-only machines, respectively. Uncheck the box to disable this feature.
- DealBITS Drawing for Stock WatchTower (09 May 05)
Published in TidBITS 780.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance
- Apple Spreads Some Green for Eminem
- DealBITS Drawing for PublicVPN.com
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger
- NetNewsWire Lite and Pro 2.0 Released
- Yahoo Swaggers Into The Music Subscription Fray
- Two Gigabytes or Bust
- Fontographer Spun to Fontlab
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation
- Take Control News/16-May-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-May-05