DealBITS Drawing: Stock WatchTower Winners -- Congratulations to Eric Wisti of wisti.com, Galen Mayfield of yahoo.com, J. Mojsiak of nih.gov, Larry Phelps of uwc.edu, and Rod O'Brien of sbcglobal.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each will receive a copy of Stock WatchTower from WillStein Software, worth $49.95. Even if you didn't win, you can still save 30 percent on Stock WatchTower through 23-May-05 by entering Tidbits20050409 in the coupon field when ordering Stock WatchTower from the order form within the application itself (choose Order from the Stock WatchTower application menu; the coupon field is several screens in). This offer is open to all TidBITS readers. Thanks to the 412 people who entered, 14 of whom entered after being referred to DealBITS. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings. [ACE]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
- DealBITS Drawing for Stock WatchTower (09 May 05)
Published in TidBITS 780.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Intermediate Codec 1.0.1 Improves Performance
- Apple Spreads Some Green for Eminem
- DealBITS Drawing for PublicVPN.com
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger
- NetNewsWire Lite and Pro 2.0 Released
- Yahoo Swaggers Into The Music Subscription Fray
- Two Gigabytes or Bust
- Fontographer Spun to Fontlab
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation
- Take Control News/16-May-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-May-05