Next Issue Appears 06-Jun-05 -- We're taking next week off in honor of the Memorial Day holiday here in the U.S., Jeff Carlson's birthday, and the possibility that I'll be spending the following week as a citizen doing jury duty. So you all have my permission to take the time you'd normally spend reading TidBITS and do something you consider equally as enjoyable. See you in June! [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.