Adam Interviewed for CIPS Connections/NPA Careers -- A while back a guy named Stephen Ibaraki interviewed me via email, and the interview has now been published by CIPS (Canadian Information Processing Society) Connections and the NPA (Network Professional Association) Careers sites. It's an extensive interview and worth a read. The text is the same on both sites; I include them both here merely for completeness. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 783.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Adam Interviewed for CIPS Connections/NPA Careers
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Marina Epelman, Wayland T Washington, Sebastian
Bernhardt, and Alexandra Kleijn for their generous support!