DealBITS Drawing: Matias OS X Keyboard Winners -- Congratulations to Joe Benenati of cox.net, Jan Ferrera of yahoo.com, Glenn Zieman of wi.rr.com, Eric Frampton of ericframpton.com, Don Andrews of mac.com, David Dunham of pensee.com, Amy Kvochick of kvochick.com, and Jean Ohlde of yahoo.com, whose entries were chosen randomly from 1,296 valid entries in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each will receive an OS X Keyboard from Matias, worth $29.95. In addition, our last two winners were referred to DealBITS, so Andrew Kvochick of yahoo.com and Robert Ohlde of macconnect.com will also receive a keyboard. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings, and remember that telling your friends, family, and colleagues about new drawings is a great way to increase your chances of receiving a prize; nearly 10 percent of our entries this time came from people who learned about DealBITS from a friend. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: Matias OS X Keyboard (13 Jun 05)