Free Macworld Boston 2005 Passes -- If you've been thinking about checking out Macworld Expo in Boston this July 12th through 14th, our friends at Peachpit Press are once again offering a pair of free exhibit-only passes (a $50 value) on a first-come, first-serve basis. To request a pair of passes, send your name and postal address in email to <email@example.com> before 06-Jul-05. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 785.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released
- Eudora 6.2.3 Fixes IMAP Bug
- How to Change Screen Capture Formats
- Call for TidBITS Translators!
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- A TV Watching Monster
- You Type, It Typinates
- A Canary in the Network
- Trying My Hand at Poker: iPoker
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Jun-05