Free Macworld Boston 2005 Passes -- If you've been thinking about checking out Macworld Expo in Boston this July 12th through 14th, our friends at Peachpit Press are once again offering a pair of free exhibit-only passes (a $50 value) on a first-come, first-serve basis. To request a pair of passes, send your name and postal address in email to <email@example.com> before 06-Jul-05. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 785.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released
- Eudora 6.2.3 Fixes IMAP Bug
- How to Change Screen Capture Formats
- Call for TidBITS Translators!
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- A TV Watching Monster
- You Type, It Typinates
- A Canary in the Network
- Trying My Hand at Poker: iPoker
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Jun-05