Call for TidBITS Translators! The coordinators of our intrepid translation teams tell me that it's time to recruit some new volunteers to help translate TidBITS into Dutch, German, and Japanese. Plus, although we have some French translators, we need someone to step into the coordination role (which could be perfect if you want to help but aren't confident of your translation skills). About 6,000 people currently read TidBITS in one of those languages, so if you'd like to help increase that number and bring TidBITS to native speakers of your language, check out the pages below. Thanks in advance! [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 785.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released
- Free Macworld Boston 2005 Passes
- Eudora 6.2.3 Fixes IMAP Bug
- How to Change Screen Capture Formats
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- A TV Watching Monster
- You Type, It Typinates
- A Canary in the Network
- Trying My Hand at Poker: iPoker
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Jun-05