DealBITS Drawing: Audio Hijack Pro Winners -- Congratulations to David Scott of mac.com, Mary Seiler of comcast.net, and Marian Petrides of earthlink.net, whose entries were chosen randomly from 1,246 valid entries in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Audio Hijack Pro from Rogue Amoeba Software, worth $32. Even if you didn't win, you can still save $5 on Audio Hijack Pro through 11-Jul-05. Use the coupon code TIDBITS2 when ordering to receive your discount; this offer is open to all TidBITS readers. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard