Bare Bones Software Ships BBEdit 4.0.2 -- The widely-used text editor BBEdit turned 4.0.2 last week. Fixes and features in the new version should be popular with developers and general-purpose users. For programmers, there's support for CodeWarrior 9 and 10, and anyone who likes keyboard shortcuts will appreciate the updated Set Keys dialog box. In addition, BBEdit 4.0.2 comes with a BBEdit Startup Items folder - as you might guess, when you launch BBEdit, files in that folder automatically open in the appropriate application. The new version has other changes, including improved compatibility with several utilities, such as QuicKeys, KeyQuencer, and Spell Catcher. Licensed users of BBEdit 4.0 or 4.0.1 can update for free; the download is sized at 2.2 MB. Those who own earlier versions may upgrade for $39 plus shipping. Bare Bones Software -- 617/778-3100 -- 617/778-3111 -- <email@example.com> [TJE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard