"Take Control of Tiger," the latest print collection of Take Control ebooks published in association with our friends at Peachpit Press, is now available! If you've been holding off on installing Tiger because you didn't want to print out hundreds of pages of ebooks, or if you would simply prefer to read about Tiger in a professionally designed, four-color book, you can now purchase the 350-page collection from Amazon for only $19.79. "Take Control of Tiger" includes the latest versions of all four of our Tiger ebooks, and customers are entitled to any future free updates of the included ebooks. (See "Take Control Expands to Print" in TidBITS-747 for more details about our print collections.)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Take Control Expands to Print (20 Sep 04)
Published in TidBITS 786.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuicKeys X3 3.1 Supports Automator, Adds Toolbars
- Virtual PC 7.0.2 Gains Full Tiger Compatibility
- Apple Says Goodbye to Grayscale iPods
- DealBITS Drawing: Audio Hijack Pro Winners
- P2P Takes a Licking but Keeps on Ticking
- Apple Releases iTunes 4.9 with Podcasting Support
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/04-Jul-05