iPhoto 5.0.3 Fixes Bugs -- Apple last week released iPhoto 5.0.3, fixing a few issues in the photo management program. Two improvements involve books: layouts no longer change when moving an image, and a problem that caused some book orders to be cancelled has been fixed. Smart albums also now appear correctly in other iLife programs. And lastly, with Mac OS X 10.4.2 installed, editing an image no longer shifts its colors, a bug that had caused significant consternation. The iPhoto 5.0.3 Update is available from Software Update as a 41 MB download, or as a stand-alone 39.2 MB download. [JLC]
Wake On Demand in Snow Leopard
Putting your Mac to sleep saves power, but it also disrupts using your Mac as a file server, among other purposes. Wake on Demand in Snow Leopard works in conjunction with an Apple base station to continue announcing Bonjour services that the sleeping computer offers.
While the requirements for this feature are complex, eligible users can toggle this feature in the Energy Saver preference pane. It's labeled Wake on Network Access for computers that can be roused either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet; Wake on Ethernet Network Access or Wake on AirPort Network Access for wired- or wireless-only machines, respectively. Uncheck the box to disable this feature.
Other articles in the series All About iPhoto
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger (16 May 05)
- iPhoto 5: New Features Abound, Limitations Remain (09 May 05)
- iPhoto 4.0.3 Released (09 Aug 04)
- iPhoto 4.0.1 Fixes Bugs (29 Mar 04)
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains (23 Feb 04)
- Adam's iPhoto 2 Visual QuickStart Guide Available (19 May 03)
- iPhoto 2 Steps into the Frame (03 Feb 03)
- iPhoto Power Techniques (19 Aug 02)
- iPhoto Book Now Available (01 Jul 02)
- Do More with iPhoto 1.1.1 (13 May 02)
- iPhoto Joins the iFold (07 Jan 02)
Published in TidBITS 788.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Revenue Balloons to $3.5 Billion in Third Quarter
- Final Cut Studio Updates Available
- Apple Sells Its 500 Millionth Track
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.2 Update
- AirPort 4.2 Software Supports WPA2
- Macworld Boston 2005: An Intimate Affair
- Macworld Boston 2005 Best of Show Awards
- Starting My Very Own G4 Fan Club
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Jul-05