iPhoto 5.0.3 Fixes Bugs -- Apple last week released iPhoto 5.0.3, fixing a few issues in the photo management program. Two improvements involve books: layouts no longer change when moving an image, and a problem that caused some book orders to be cancelled has been fixed. Smart albums also now appear correctly in other iLife programs. And lastly, with Mac OS X 10.4.2 installed, editing an image no longer shifts its colors, a bug that had caused significant consternation. The iPhoto 5.0.3 Update is available from Software Update as a 41 MB download, or as a stand-alone 39.2 MB download. [JLC]
Sleep (and Lock) Your Screen
When you are walking away from your computer, it's fairly common practice to start your screen saver and lock your screen. But did you know that there is a built-in keyboard shortcut in Mac OS X to sleep the screen?
Press Control-Shift-Eject and your monitor sleeps without engaging the screen saver.
Other articles in the series All About iPhoto
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger (16 May 05)
- iPhoto 5: New Features Abound, Limitations Remain (09 May 05)
- iPhoto 4.0.3 Released (09 Aug 04)
- iPhoto 4.0.1 Fixes Bugs (29 Mar 04)
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains (23 Feb 04)
- Adam's iPhoto 2 Visual QuickStart Guide Available (19 May 03)
- iPhoto 2 Steps into the Frame (03 Feb 03)
- iPhoto Power Techniques (19 Aug 02)
- iPhoto Book Now Available (01 Jul 02)
- Do More with iPhoto 1.1.1 (13 May 02)
- iPhoto Joins the iFold (07 Jan 02)
Published in TidBITS 788.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Revenue Balloons to $3.5 Billion in Third Quarter
- Final Cut Studio Updates Available
- Apple Sells Its 500 Millionth Track
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.2 Update
- AirPort 4.2 Software Supports WPA2
- Macworld Boston 2005: An Intimate Affair
- Macworld Boston 2005 Best of Show Awards
- Starting My Very Own G4 Fan Club
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Jul-05