Safari Updates for Panther & Tiger -- Apple has released updates to its Safari Web browser, which the company says improve support for third-party Web applications, make Safari more stable, and improve Web site compatibility. We'd love to offer more specific information, but Apple's release notes (as usual) are woefully terse. However, the company has released the Safari update in two forms: Safari Update 2.0.1 for users running Mac OS X 10.4.2 Tiger (4.5 MB), and Safari Update 1.3.1 (3.8 MB) for users running Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther. (The appropriate software should also be available via Software Update.) Despite the paucity of detail, it's nice to see Apple making good on its intention to provide important updates for the Safari engine under Panther as well as Tiger, at least for a time. [GD]
Stylin' a Word Comment Balloon
If you work with Word's Comment feature, you may find that the comment-balloon text is too small to work with, or you may just want some variety. To modify the style, choose Format > Style. From the List pop-up menu, choose All Styles. Select Balloon Text from the Style list. Modify the style as you like, and then click Apply. I like Arial Narrow, 12 point.
Published in TidBITS 794.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- FileMaker 8 Adds Features, Retains File Format
- 2nd Annual Mac Networkers Retreat Approaching
- DealBITS Drawing: MathMagic Personal Edition
- Google Stakes a Claim on IM Territory
- Adding Tiger's AirPort Preferred Network List
- Ants Invade New Zealand by iPod
- Firefox Flash Blocker
- Adding a USB-to-Ethernet Adapter to a Mac
- Back to School Software
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Aug-05