Safari Updates for Panther & Tiger -- Apple has released updates to its Safari Web browser, which the company says improve support for third-party Web applications, make Safari more stable, and improve Web site compatibility. We'd love to offer more specific information, but Apple's release notes (as usual) are woefully terse. However, the company has released the Safari update in two forms: Safari Update 2.0.1 for users running Mac OS X 10.4.2 Tiger (4.5 MB), and Safari Update 1.3.1 (3.8 MB) for users running Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther. (The appropriate software should also be available via Software Update.) Despite the paucity of detail, it's nice to see Apple making good on its intention to provide important updates for the Safari engine under Panther as well as Tiger, at least for a time. [GD]
iTunes Apps Tab in Landscape?
If your iPad is locked in landscape orientation when in the charging dock, apps in the Apps tab of iTunes will display in landscape orientation. (This also occurs when your iPad is not in the dock but connected to iTunes via the charging cable while in landscape orientation).
Published in TidBITS 794.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- FileMaker 8 Adds Features, Retains File Format
- 2nd Annual Mac Networkers Retreat Approaching
- DealBITS Drawing: MathMagic Personal Edition
- Google Stakes a Claim on IM Territory
- Adding Tiger's AirPort Preferred Network List
- Ants Invade New Zealand by iPod
- Firefox Flash Blocker
- Adding a USB-to-Ethernet Adapter to a Mac
- Back to School Software
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Aug-05