Default Folder X 2.0.2 Now Available -- St. Clair Software has released version 2.0.2 of their essential Mac OS X utility, Default Folder X. The new version improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, fixing potentially crashing problems with Safari, System Preferences, and other Cocoa applications. Support for QuicKeys, Trans Lucy, and iClock has also been added. We've written about Default Folder several times in TidBITS, because it still improves basic Mac OS X Finder behavior (see "Tools We Use: Default Folder" in TidBITS-475 and "Default Folder X Improves Mac OS X Open/Save Dialogs" in TidBITS-617). Default Folder X 2.0.2 is a 4.1 MB download, and is free for registered users; a full license costs $35. [JLC]
Edit Last Expanded Snippet in TextExpander
Sometimes you expand a snippet and realize you need to make some changes. Instead of opening TextExpander and tracking down the snippet, use the Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey. Once you press your hotkey combination, a window opens to let you edit and save your the last snippet you expanded.
Take the time to set your Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey in TextExpander's preferences, and you'll save time in the long run!
- Default Folder X Tames Leopard's Open/Save Dialogs (12 Dec 07)
- Default Folder X Improves Mac OS X Open/Save Dialogs (18 Feb 02)
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
Published in TidBITS 795.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Maxum Development Sponsoring TidBITS
- iKey 2.1 Moves to iApp-like Interface
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact Updated to 5.0.4
- Tiger Still Resists Showing Preferred Networks
- DealBITS Drawing: MathMagic Personal Edition Winners
- Net Responds to Hurricane Katrina Aftermath
- Netopia Adds Security, Multiple Monitors to Timbuktu Pro 8.5
- Make Your Own Menu in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Talk for Free with FreeConference.com
- Take Control News/05-Sep-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Sep-05