Default Folder X 2.0.2 Now Available -- St. Clair Software has released version 2.0.2 of their essential Mac OS X utility, Default Folder X. The new version improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, fixing potentially crashing problems with Safari, System Preferences, and other Cocoa applications. Support for QuicKeys, Trans Lucy, and iClock has also been added. We've written about Default Folder several times in TidBITS, because it still improves basic Mac OS X Finder behavior (see "Tools We Use: Default Folder" in TidBITS-475 and "Default Folder X Improves Mac OS X Open/Save Dialogs" in TidBITS-617). Default Folder X 2.0.2 is a 4.1 MB download, and is free for registered users; a full license costs $35. [JLC]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Default Folder X Tames Leopard's Open/Save Dialogs (12 Dec 07)
- Default Folder X Improves Mac OS X Open/Save Dialogs (18 Feb 02)
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
Published in TidBITS 795.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Maxum Development Sponsoring TidBITS
- iKey 2.1 Moves to iApp-like Interface
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact Updated to 5.0.4
- Tiger Still Resists Showing Preferred Networks
- DealBITS Drawing: MathMagic Personal Edition Winners
- Net Responds to Hurricane Katrina Aftermath
- Netopia Adds Security, Multiple Monitors to Timbuktu Pro 8.5
- Make Your Own Menu in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Talk for Free with FreeConference.com
- Take Control News/05-Sep-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Sep-05