Nisus Writer Express 2.5 Released -- Nisus Software has updated its Mac OS X-native word processor to version 2.5, adding core features and fixing bugs. Right-to-left input, a key feature in Nisus Writer Classic used by languages such as Arabic and Hebrew, now appears in Express. Also added are bullets and numbering features, LinkBack support, hyperlink support, and performance improvements. Nisus Writer Express 2.5 costs $70 for new users; owners of version 2.0 can upgrade to 2.5 for free. The upgrade is a 19.6 MB download. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software