"Take Control of Customizing Microsoft Office" Updated to Version 1.0.1 -- Version 1.0.1 of Kirk McElhearn's "Take Control of Customizing Microsoft Office" is now available. This new version clarifies and corrects a few details from the previous version, and now offers better advice for modifying toolbars, customizing Word's Normal template, and disabling the keyboard shortcuts that can accidentally trigger Word 5 Menus. Those who own version 1.0 of the ebook can download the update for free by clicking the Check for Updates button on the ebook's cover. And if you've been waiting for that first bug-fix release, now's your chance to pick up a copy. Remember, we and Kirk are donating 10 percent of all proceeds from September sales to the American Red Cross Hurricane 2005 Relief Fund (we've sent $500 so far, rather than wait for the end of the month), so sales this month are particularly appreciated!
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.