DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon Winners -- Congratulations to Khoi Vinh of subtraction.com, Erik Lofgren of bucknell.edu, and Tim Maecken of cken.org, whose entries were chosen randomly from 199 valid entries in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Simon Standard, worth $59.95. Even if you weren't among our winners, you can still save $10 to $50 on Simon through 12-Oct-05 by using the second link below. Specifically, Simon Standard is $49.95 (save $10), Simon Enterprise (unlimited tests) is $145 (save $50), and an upgrade license from Simon 1 to Simon 2 is $9.95 (save $10). This offer is open to all TidBITS readers. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon (26 Sep 05)