DealBITS Drawing: MaxProtect II Winner -- Congratulations to Paul Perry of sympatico.ca, whose entry was chosen randomly from 452 valid entries in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a MaxProtect II PowerBook case, worth $49/$59/$69, depending on size. Even if you didn't win, you can still save 10 percent on the MaxProtect II through 02-Nov-05 by entering "DealBits003" in the Additional Comments field when ordering; MaxUpgrades tells us that the discount will not show on order confirmations, but will be accounted for in the amount billed. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings! [ACE]
Fixing Save as Adobe PDF Crashes
There have been many reported instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF" workflow crashing regardless of application, but precious few workarounds or resolutions. In troubleshooting, I discovered that there were three instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF.action" in three different locations: /Library/Automator; ~/Library/Automator; and /System/Library/Automator. By eliminating all except the version in /System/Library/Automator, the workflow started behaving, and I was able to cut PDFs directly from the Print dialog.
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxProtect II from MaxUpgrades (17 Oct 05)
Published in TidBITS 802.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Preventing Second Drive Sleepiness
- Encoding Video for iPod
- eMac Fades Away
- Apple Revs PowerBooks, Intros Quad-Core Power Mac G5
- Aperture Opens Up RAW for Photographers
- Salling Clicker 3.0 Adds Windows, Network Sharing, Wi-Fi Support
- Faster, Wi-Fi! Kill, Kill (the Competition)!
- Take Control's Second Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-Oct-05