iTunes Music Store Sells Over 1 Million Videos -- Less than 20 days after unveiling new video-capable iPods and announcing Apple would begin selling music videos, short films, and selected ad-free ABC television episodes for $1.99 apiece, Apple says it has already sold more than 1 million videos through its iTunes Music Store. The most popular items include music videos from Michael Jackson, Fatboy Slim, and Kanye West; Pixar's shorts For the Birds and Boundin'; and episodes of Lost and Desperate Housewives. Apple's press release quotes CEO Steve Jobs saying the sales indicate a strong market for legal video downloads, and pledging to expand iTMS's video offerings. Is it too soon to hope for The Honeymooners or Your Show of Shows? [GD]
Quickly Attach to an Email Message
Want to start an email message that requires an attachment? Save a step or two by dragging the file's icon onto Mail's Dock icon - Mail automatically opens a new message window with the file already included as an attachment.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 803.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Squeezebox Gets New Design, Software Upgrade
- OmniWeb 5.1.2 Released
- Apple Opens iTunes Music Store in Australia
- Apple Releases Pro Video Updates
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.3
- New Retrospect 6.1 Updates
- ICANN and VeriSign Agree to End Site Finder Suits
- Comparing Three AC Adapters
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Oct-05