Grokster Shuts Down -- After June's Supreme Court decision declaring that Grokster (along with StreamCast Networks and Sharman Networks) were responsible for copyright infringements that occurred as a result of using the companies' peer-to-peer file sharing software, Grokster's network has shut down. (See "P2P Takes a Licking but Keeps on Ticking" in TidBITS-786 for a look at the underlying issues.) The Grokster Web site now provides a brief (and quite funny) statement about the situation, noting in part, "There are legal services for downloading music and movies. This service is not one of them." The site also promises that Grokster will return as a legal service - we're not holding our breath, not that it was ever relevant to Mac users anyway. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- P2P Takes a Licking but Keeps on Ticking (04 Jul 05)