SpamSieve 2.4 Released -- Michael Tsai has updated his popular and powerful spam detection utility SpamSieve to version 2.4 (see "Tools We Use: SpamSieve" in TidBITS-667 for a full review). The update features tweaks to the Bayesian email analysis engine for improved accuracy, phishing detection, filing of spam into different mailboxes in Apple Mail based on spam scores, support for new Habeas headers, and a variety of other minor changes. New copies of SpamSieve 2.4 cost $25 (save $5 with the coupon in "Take Control of What's New in Entourage 2004" or the soon-to-be-updated "Take Control of Spam with Apple Mail"), but the update is free to registered users. It's a 3.1 MB download. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Tools We Use: SpamSieve (17 Feb 03)