SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback -- The Web is a vast place now, and even with search engines like Google, it can be difficult to find something you know you've seen before. SmileOnMyMac has a new take on browsing through the history of your Web surfing with browseback 1.0, which creates PDF thumbnails (they look like playing cards to me) of every page you visit and displays them in animated stacks. It's an elegant presentation, and if you're a visual person, being able to see pictures of pages you've visited may work better than looking at textual lists of page titles and URLs, as St. Clair Software's HistoryHound 1.8 provides. You can still perform full-text searches of the contents of visited pages in browseback, as you can in HistoryHound and OmniWeb 5, and you can also eliminate specific sites from the index to avoid cluttering it with Web-based applications that load numerous nearly identical pages. Once you've found the page you're looking for, you can view it in your Web browser, view the PDF of the page in Preview, save the PDF as a separate file, send the PDF to someone else via email, or print it. To use browseback, you do need Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, but browseback can track your surfing in all the major Web browsers. It costs $30 and is a 2.4 MB download. [ACE]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- History Hound 1.9 Now Indexes and Searches RSS (09 Jan 06)
Published in TidBITS 810.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS 2005 Holiday Hiatus
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.1 Released
- Discussing TV on MacNotables
- DealBITS Drawing: Classic Solitaire Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: Midnight Mansion
- Macworld SF 2006 Events
- The Info-Mac Network Retires
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures
- Take Control News/19-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Dec-05
SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>