Discussing TV on MacNotables -- Tonya and I spent an enjoyable evening on the MacNotables podcast recently with Andy Ihnatko and Chuck Joiner. A simple listener question about hooking a big screen digital TV to the Mac morphed into a wide-ranging discussion of television, movies, the "distribution revolution," and the logic and illogic of how we acquire and pay for video in today's Internet-enabled world. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 810.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS 2005 Holiday Hiatus
- SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Classic Solitaire Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: Midnight Mansion
- Macworld SF 2006 Events
- The Info-Mac Network Retires
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures
- Take Control News/19-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Dec-05