Discussing TV on MacNotables -- Tonya and I spent an enjoyable evening on the MacNotables podcast recently with Andy Ihnatko and Chuck Joiner. A simple listener question about hooking a big screen digital TV to the Mac morphed into a wide-ranging discussion of television, movies, the "distribution revolution," and the logic and illogic of how we acquire and pay for video in today's Internet-enabled world. [ACE]
Untrash the Trash
Feeling trasher's remorse? On Snow Leopard, you can open the Trash (click the Trash icon in the Dock) and "untrash" individual items there. Select one or more trashed items (files and folders) and choose File > Put Back. This returns the items to where they were when you originally put them in the trash. The keyboard shortcut is Command-Delete - the same as the shortcut for trashing an item in the first place, since in deleting something from the trash you are untrashing it.
Published in TidBITS 810.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS 2005 Holiday Hiatus
- SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Classic Solitaire Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: Midnight Mansion
- Macworld SF 2006 Events
- The Info-Mac Network Retires
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures
- Take Control News/19-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Dec-05