Discussing TV on MacNotables -- Tonya and I spent an enjoyable evening on the MacNotables podcast recently with Andy Ihnatko and Chuck Joiner. A simple listener question about hooking a big screen digital TV to the Mac morphed into a wide-ranging discussion of television, movies, the "distribution revolution," and the logic and illogic of how we acquire and pay for video in today's Internet-enabled world. [ACE]
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
Published in TidBITS 810.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS 2005 Holiday Hiatus
- SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Classic Solitaire Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: Midnight Mansion
- Macworld SF 2006 Events
- The Info-Mac Network Retires
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures
- Take Control News/19-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Dec-05