Blackberry Stays Juiced -- Writing a few weeks ago, Patrick Dennis reviewed the Blackberry 7100i handheld (see "Putting Blackberries in Your PocketMac" in TidBITS-815) and noted that the device's slick email service was in danger of being shuttered due to a patent dispute between parent company Research In Motion (RIM) and NTP, Inc. Last week, the two companies announced a settlement: RIM will pay NTP $612.5 million, which puts to rest any further litigation and keeps the service active. Millions of "crackberry" addicts can be satisfied knowing that they can continue to check their email obsessively. [JLC]
Show Recent Items in Snow Leopard
The Recent Items submenu in the Apple menu is handy, but what if you want to work with a file in there in the Finder, rather than open it? Just press Command when that menu is showing, and all the Applications and Documents change to "Show ... in Finder." This feature is new as of Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.
- Putting BlackBerries in Your PocketMac (06 Feb 06)
Published in TidBITS 819.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iTunes, iPhoto, and Front Row Updated
- GarageBand 3.0.1 Released
- Security Update 2006-001 Validates Downloads
- Apple Releases Intel-Based Mac Mini
- Apple Introduces iPod Hi-Fi
- In a Docktopus's Garden
- Ultrawideband to Add New Wireless Options
- Take Control News/06-Mar-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Mar-06