Blackberry Stays Juiced -- Writing a few weeks ago, Patrick Dennis reviewed the Blackberry 7100i handheld (see "Putting Blackberries in Your PocketMac" in TidBITS-815) and noted that the device's slick email service was in danger of being shuttered due to a patent dispute between parent company Research In Motion (RIM) and NTP, Inc. Last week, the two companies announced a settlement: RIM will pay NTP $612.5 million, which puts to rest any further litigation and keeps the service active. Millions of "crackberry" addicts can be satisfied knowing that they can continue to check their email obsessively. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Putting BlackBerries in Your PocketMac (06 Feb 06)
Published in TidBITS 819.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iTunes, iPhoto, and Front Row Updated
- GarageBand 3.0.1 Released
- Security Update 2006-001 Validates Downloads
- Apple Releases Intel-Based Mac Mini
- Apple Introduces iPod Hi-Fi
- In a Docktopus's Garden
- Ultrawideband to Add New Wireless Options
- Take Control News/06-Mar-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Mar-06