Blackberry Stays Juiced -- Writing a few weeks ago, Patrick Dennis reviewed the Blackberry 7100i handheld (see "Putting Blackberries in Your PocketMac" in TidBITS-815) and noted that the device's slick email service was in danger of being shuttered due to a patent dispute between parent company Research In Motion (RIM) and NTP, Inc. Last week, the two companies announced a settlement: RIM will pay NTP $612.5 million, which puts to rest any further litigation and keeps the service active. Millions of "crackberry" addicts can be satisfied knowing that they can continue to check their email obsessively. [JLC]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- Putting BlackBerries in Your PocketMac (06 Feb 06)
Published in TidBITS 819.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iTunes, iPhoto, and Front Row Updated
- GarageBand 3.0.1 Released
- Security Update 2006-001 Validates Downloads
- Apple Releases Intel-Based Mac Mini
- Apple Introduces iPod Hi-Fi
- In a Docktopus's Garden
- Ultrawideband to Add New Wireless Options
- Take Control News/06-Mar-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Mar-06